1. IT’S A TOLL ROAD AND DOES NOT COMPLETE THE BELTWAY
2. THE TOLLWAY CREATES INCREASED SAFETY THREATS TO MULTIPLE ARVADA NEIGHBORHOODS
The real possibility that vehicles, vehicle parts or debris could easily fly into the back yard of homes.
There is a high risk of fires. Since 2007, West Metro Fire has reported 29 fires along a 10-mile stretch
of C-470 between Morrison Road and Wadsworth Boulevard caused by vehicles, vehicle malfunction
or cigarettes. Given the short distance to the homes and the strong winds that are often experienced
in this area, hundreds of homes in Leyden Rock are at a substantial risk of fire damage.
3. THE TOLLWAY WILL POSE AN INCREASED HEALTH RISK TO MULTIPLE COMMUNITIES BY STIRRING UP PLUTONIUM CONTAMINATION FROM ROCKY FLATS
4. THE TOLLWAY’S PRIMARY PURPOSE IS COMMERCIAL DEVELOPMENT, NOT TO IMPROVE TRAFFIC
5. ARVADA, THE DEVELOPER AND BUILDERS DEMONSTRATE A LACK OF CONCERN FOR ARVADA CITIZENS
6. ARVADA IS USING TAXPAYER DOLLARS TO FUND THE TOLLWAY PROJECT AND BOARD OPERATIONS